FUDCon Paris Hotel options

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon May 21 12:26:14 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 05/16/2012 08:32 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

Yep, it would be much much easier to be able to deal with payment
separately. As we can expect a few individual groups (even Brno folks
will form several independent groups with different budget etc. -
Fedora QA, Base OS, docs guys, some cloud guys).

With Jiri, we are trying to get a final number for this hotel. I think
we should set some deadline for room blocking (it's really the only way
to push some people to action :-).

> What we normally do is work with the hotel to come up with a final
> number of rooms for a block, and we put a credit card down for that,
> and
> if individuals don't utilize the number of rooms then we pay some %
> portion of the difference.
>
> Are they really unwilling to hold a block of rooms until a certain
> date,
> and are they also unwilling to do anything other than "we must book
> and
> pay for the full block of rooms" vs. what I outlined above?

I unfortunately missed the end of EMEA meeting (and was waiting for
this topic but you know - bug blocking F17 ;-) - is it really true
it's difficult to find affordable rooms in FUDCon time? Otherwise it
will be option for us to have a separate one... Even it would cost
more...

> We can't do a "pay back Red Hat" situation (no way to receive money).
> suppose the NPO route is possible but then you'd need to be able to
> apply some of that money towards FUDCon, and I would suspect you
> won't
> see some of that money until FUDCon. Additionally, lots of people do
> want to use credit cards and not cash for paying for their hotel
> (receipts for work, etc.) and I suspect the NPO has no way to take
> credit cards for payment, at least not in any way that would provide
> something workable for attendees to have as a receipt.

Cash expense for bigger group could be fun (but I expect we can deal
with expense report individually but I expect some people will be
unwilling to pay the money...).

It will be still great to make it possible, to have all contributors
on same place to have more fun.

R.