[fudcon-planning] #420: Protocol Letter for the Host: Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco

fudcon-planning fudcon-planning-trac at fedorahosted.org
Fri Apr 12 18:09:43 UTC 2013

#420: Protocol Letter for the Host: Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del
Cusco
-------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aeperezt           |       Owner:  rbergeron
     Type:  Task               |      Status:  new
 Blocking:                     |
-------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Comment (by rbergero):

 Dr. MadueƱo:

 On behalf of the Fedora Project, I would like to request the assistance
 and support of the Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco in
 the organization of our conference, FUDCon.

 Planned for September 26 - 28, 2013, in Cusco, Peru, FUDCon (Fedora Users
 and Developers Conference) is the gathering of Fedora contributors in
 various regions of the world on an annual basis.  FUDCon is open to anyone
 for participation, and is free to attend.

 The Fedora Project is a worldwide community of contributors dedicated to
 spreading the values of open source software throughout the world. The
 main way we do this is through our main product, Fedora; Fedora is a Linux
 operating system, freely available for download and installation. The
 Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat, Inc., a US-based company with more
 than $1 billion in annual revenues derived from open source products. Red
 Hat is committed to supporting FUDCon, both financially and with
 coordination assistance.

 These events serve as an opportunity for the Fedora Project's contributors
 to meet face-to-face for discussions and to do project-focused work;
 additionally, they serve as an outreach mechanism to anyone interested in
 Linux or open source.  FUDCons provide an excellent opportunity for both
 university students and the extended area community to learn valuable
 technology skills in a variety of areas, including open source
 collaboration, systems administration, and software development, and the
 Fedora Project believes the event is of significant value to any community
 in which it is held.

 I look forward to your response confirming the support of the Fedora
 Project in their plans for FUDCon at the Universidad Nacional de San
 Antonio Abad del Cusco this coming September.

 Sincerely,

 Robyn Bergeron

 Fedora Project Leader

 Red Hat, Inc.