FUDCon coming this summer/fall?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:45:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Tom Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/16/2013 12:25 PM, inode0 wrote:
>> So there has been a dribbling of information about having one large
>> global FUDCon later this year along with one regionial FUDCon that is
>> already in the planning stages.

Thanks for the update and loads of information. I'll think more before
asking any serious questions but one question does come immediately to
mind.

> We're calling this event "Flock". We wanted to call it something besides
> FUDCon, because FUDCons are still happening in regions around the world,
> and those events tend to be more about users than development of Fedora.

For me and probably others this name conjures up memories of deadlocks
and head scratching trying to figure out how multiple processes came
to each hold an exclusive lock on the same file. While the
possibilities for jokes here are plentiful, is the name actually
intended to mean something to those who see it?

John