Planning meeting tomorrow

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:57:32 UTC 2013

tl;dr: Planning meeting for the new event, tomorrow at 2 p.m. Eastern, 6
p.m. UTC in #fedora-meeting-2

I apologize again to those of you who feel left out of the process of
planning Flock, the new style of FUDCon, which began with Robyn's post last
July (http://wordshack.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/the-future-of-fudcons/) and
has been discussed in bits here and there on and off since then. The
reality of it has happened very fast because of how late in the calendar
year Red Hat budgets are approved--in other words, we didn't even know if
there was money for it until very recently. That means in order to make it
even vaguely possible based on Robyn's vision of coming together at a
better point in the release cycle, we've had to move very, very quickly.
Conferences don't happen overnight. That doesn't mean we don't need more
help--quite the opposite--or that we're trying to hide things, so here's
the next step.

We are very nearly guaranteed a (free! yay!) location; they've just asked
for a few more days to be absolutely certain they can give us the space we
need. Meanwhile, we can talk about the next most important thing: the call
for submissions.

Barcamps are awesome, but let's be honest--most people know before they get
there what talk they're going to pitch. So let's do it that way. Let's know
what the schedule is before we get there. If for nothing else, we get back
several hours of the schedule that we use making pitches and building a
schedule.

Discuss potential tracks and methods tomorrow at 2 p.m. Eastern, 6 p.m. UTC
in #fedora-meeting-2.

See you there!
Ruth