[Ambassadors] [FUDCon APAC 2014] Reminder to foreign attendees about invitation letter or other help

Alick Zhao alick9188 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:33:34 UTC 2014

On 04/20/2014 12:39 PM, Somvannda Kong wrote:
> Dear Alick,
>
> It was great to hear from you and the FUDCon organizer team. I am an
> ambassador from Cambodia, which I was given the ambassador status a bit
> late in March, so I didn't have enough time to register myself to
> request for invitation letter and travel support to attend the FUDCon
> APAC 2014 in Beijing. I was told that the registration was closed to
> request for such supports.
>
> If this is still possible for me and another ambassador in Cambodia (Two
> ambassadors), please let me know, because I really want to participate
> in the FUDCon APAC 2014 to learn more about Fedora Project and get to
> know more people in APAC.

Hi Somvannda,

It was closed for final decision on subsidy applications, but due to the
budget change, the final decision has not been made. So I think you can
still request travel support on fudcon-planning trac, and we will
consider. However, since the budget is quite tight, there is no
guarantee of full or partial approval.

Besides, if you can make it without the subsidy and require the
invitation letter to apply visa, please contact us directly. We'd like
to see more Fedora ambassadors in FUDCon.

Regards,
--
Alick
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug) user