Status of hotel booking for FUDCon Beijing

Aditya Patawari adimania at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:41:04 UTC 2014

Hi Jaroslav,

I had the similar issue and it seems that organizers will not be able
to get the receipt from the hotel on time. The workaround for this is
to ask the organizers to mention the hotel on your invitation letter
and then go for F visa instead of a L visa which is marginally costly
(about 15 USD in India). I just got the visa today and it went without
any hassles. Documents I submitted:
* Invitation letter with hotel mentioned
* round trip flight tickets
* employment/salary proof
* cover letter (printed is recommended)

Let me know if I can help in any way.