FUDCon APAC Bid - Beijing, China

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 02:09:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-01-12 at 22:19 +0800, Alick Zhao wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Alick,

> We would like to announce our FUDCon bid for Beijing, China.
> Our team and page can be found on the wiki page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Beijing_2014

This is really great to hear. I'm most grateful to the Fedora China team
for taking the trouble to put together a bid.

I see the wiki page mentions May 23-25, 2014 as proposed dates which is
~4 months away. I see that you've already had quite a few meetings to
plan it out, and are quite on top of the research bit, but are you
confident you'll be able to set it all up in this time frame?

The FUDCon organization process suggests bidding *12* months before the
actual event date. Bid acceptance takes time too. Of course, these are
only guidelines, not rules, but I assume that they've been documented
after analysing past organizational experiences.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process

If you're ready, can we hold a special APAC meeting this Saturday so
that regional ambassadors can review the bid and provide you any
feedback they think of? The decision process requires approval from the
FPL, Budget Manager and FAmSCo too. I think you should also get in touch
with Robyn and file a ticket with FAmSCo in the mean time.

I think if you do plan to host it in May, we're on quite a tight
schedule. (I'd suggest thinking of a back up date too, just in case,
because things don't always go according to plan :) )

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process#Initial_RFP
--
Thanks again,
Warm regards,