[fedora-india] FUDCon banners/standees

Amit Shah amitshah at gmx.net
Wed May 20 08:19:29 UTC 2015

On (Wed) 20 May 2015 [13:38:24], Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 20 May 2015 at 13:24, Amit Shah <amitshah at gmx.net> wrote:
> > A standee could be cut too, if these need to be re-used.
>
> You mean the roll-up standees?  I didn't know they could be modified that way.

Yea; just cut them and make new frames for the new size.

> > So cloth is a better option for re-use in that sense -- storage is
> > easier and they won't go bad.
>
> Oh, I wasn't referring to the material of the banner, I was referring
> to the type of banner, i.e. the vertical one that can be rolled up vs
> the kind that could be hung at entrances.  The former are likely
> expensive but are considered more durable.  So making a fudcon pune
> 2015 banner would be more cost-effective than a standee.

>From 2011, my recollection is that all of this material is not
expensive.

We even donated several of the standees to other ambassadors, and the
venue was interested in the wooden frames, which we donated to them.

> > Even then, I think we should have both, event-specific and neutral
> > banners / standees.  There needs to be awareness of a conference
> > happening rather than just a project's promo materials at the venue.
>
> Right, I did not mean to say the opposite.  The point was to decide on
> the kind of banner, not banners themselves.

Yea - we did not have cloth banners last time, but that's a good idea
for reasons you and I listed earlier.

		Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/