[Followup] Translation deadline around Beta

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:46:36 UTC 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 11:29, Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have looked through devel team schedule closer, and decided to propose
> the move of all software translation related events rather than the add
> another translation deadline, to minimize the impact to devel and
> Rel-Eng teams. However I only have translator's view and not
> developer's. If you think this is impossible with some reason, let me
> know. Also it is much appreciated any input.

Thanks Noriko for preparing proposal. I think good to have Wiki page rather
than Document, it will help for collaboration on document :)

I am sure people will come with crazy ideas. One from my side. How about
having two String Freeze. One after Alpha and other after Beta. Definitely
there will not 50% packages will get change from Alpha to Beta. Even if we
assume only 50% packages gets change from Alpha Freeze to Beta Freeze it
gives us more time for Translations.

Also for Fedora 23 it looks difficult to get this done. But at least we
should come to conclusion which we can use for scheduling Fedora 24. Need
to work with FESCO for schedule change.

Lets brainstorm more on 30th Jul 2015 meeting :)

Regards,
Pravin Satpute