Games Not Showing Up in Pirut

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Thu Apr 13 22:45:59 UTC 2006

Christopher Stone wrote:
> I have noticed that when browsing software with pirut, selecting
> Applications/Games & Entertainment only lists a handful of all the
> games that are available.
>
> Are we doing something wrong, or is pirut at fault?  For example, abe
> is listed under Games & Entertainment while worminator is not.  Both
> packages belong to the same group so I do not understand why pirut is
> being selective about which games it lists.
>
> If you use the List view in pirut, I think all the available games are
> listed there.

The problem isn't specific to pirut.  pirut uses yum to generate the
packages lists.  I believe that yum uses the comps file to categorize
the packages.  But worminator has been in the comps file for a month, so
I don't know why it doesn't show up.

You can reproduce the problem with the 'yum groupinfo' command:
# yum groupinfo games

--Wart