non-desktop art?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Apr 18 08:34:41 UTC 2006

Wart wrote:
> Cross-posting to f-g-l due to relevance:

I thought myself about cross-posting in the first place, sorry for not
doing it :p

> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Ideas for such personalization:
>> - a set of stones in Same Gnome featuring the infinity symbol from the
>> logo;
>> - the back of the playing cards being in Fedora's blue.
>
> I think this is a fine idea.  From what I can tell, installing a new
> same-gnome theme is just a matter of dropping a new .png file into
> /usr/share/gnome-games/same-gnome/themes.  Other gnome games are
> probably just as easy to re-theme.

Right, usually just dropping a PNG or SVG file.
See a simple example: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/games/same_fedora.svg
(it have to be modified for final use, a little animation is needed).
Just drop in the same-gnome themes directory. Or just look at the
screenshot: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/games/Screenshot-Same%20GNOME.png

> I can see two ways to add the additional themes.  The preferred method
> would be to submit them upstream and get them included in the original
> upstream package.  This would simplify the packaging and installation
> process greatly.

I do not think is useful to send branded themes to upstream, almost sure
they will not want to promote any specific distro.

> I would welcome new themes for these games and would be willing to help
> coordinate with upstream or package them separately as needed.

I think i'm going now to do an animated version of the theme, just for
my amusement :p

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/