Tremulous: The best free software game ever?

Wart wart at kobold.org
Thu Jul 13 05:13:06 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:

> Hi
>

> http://entertainment.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/06/0414224&from=rss
>
> This is a Fedora Extras wishlist item -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList
>
> Just checking to see if anyone in the Games SIG is interested in
> packaging this.
>
> Rahul

Thanks for the tip!  I'm working on a spec file now.

There is a problem with the licensing for some of the textures (see
below).  Does "other non-commercial applications" imply that commercial
applications are prohibited?  And does Fedora count as "Bulk
redistribution"?

--Mike

--------------------------------------------------- Media License
Exceptions ---
All shaderlab (http://www.shaderlab.com/) textures (by Randy 'ydnar' Reddig)
are subject to the following license:

  Usage and redistribution policy: Textures may be freely downloaded,
modified,
  and used in free maps, mods or total conversions provided this copyright
  notice is left intact and a link to Shaderlab is provided in the
credits or
  read-me file. Other non-commercial applications are considered on a
  case-by-case basis via e-mail. All other usage requires written
permission.
  Bulk redistribution or archival of the textures in any medium, digital or
  otherwise (except mapping packages for mods) is prohibited.