Tremulous: The best free software game ever?

Wart wart at kobold.org
Thu Jul 13 21:51:21 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:
> Wart wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip!  I'm working on a spec file now.
>>
>> There is a problem with the licensing for some of the textures (see
>> below).  Does "other non-commercial applications" imply that commercial
>> applications are prohibited?  And does Fedora count as "Bulk
>> redistribution"?
>>
>> --Mike
>

> It would be best to get written clarification on what this means for
> Fedora and if upstream clarifies that Fedora is allowed to distribute it
>  ,include a copy of that mail in the Fedora package itself. Note that
> restrictions on commercial usage is against the Free software and open
> source definition and unacceptable for Fedora.
>
> Rahul

I've got the start to a spec file:

http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/queue/tremulous.spec
http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/queue/tremulous.desktop

It builds and runs fine on FC4-x86_64.  But it still needs a little more
work to clean up the dependencies on the internal copy of libjpeg,
unzip, and some SDL/openal header files.  And as mentioned above, there
is still the license issue to clear up.

Anyone can feel free to take over this spec.  I probably won't do much
more with it as I've got a handful of other packages that I'm preparing
to submit for review.

--Wart