Tremulous: The best free software game ever?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Jul 14 15:07:22 UTC 2006

Wart wrote:
> Rahul wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> http://entertainment.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/06/0414224&from=rss
>>
>> This is a Fedora Extras wishlist item -
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList
>>
>> Just checking to see if anyone in the Games SIG is interested in
>> packaging this.
>>
>> Rahul

> Thanks for the tip!  I'm working on a spec file now.
>
> There is a problem with the licensing for some of the textures (see
> below).  Does "other non-commercial applications" imply that commercial
> applications are prohibited?  And does Fedora count as "Bulk
> redistribution"?

HI all,

I'm back from vacation, actually tremolous was on my hitlist for a while
(see my wiki page) I just never got around to it, no problem you're
doing it though!

About the non-commercial clause. I believe that this clause only is
active when using the textures in anotherway then with tremolous, is
that right?

If use within tremolous is not limited to noncommercial use only (iow
you may put tremolous on a CD for say xbox and sell it with these
textures) then things are fine. There is other content which also is
only licensed for used with the free sw game/program it comes with and
AFAIK thats allowed.

Regards,

Hans