FreeSCI

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:17:38 UTC 2007

HdG> Another way of looking at it, is that we don't want to disribute
HdG> useless software, whereby the definition of useless is not
HdG> usefull without non free content.

There is a program (for Windows, at least) to generate SCI games and
there are fan-made games which should be "free" in some sense.  For
example, see http://agisci.classicgaming.gamespy.com/scifangm.shtml

The problem is that these things generally have no license text.  (I
can't actually get the games, since I've only seen them at fileplanet
and I'm not going to submit myself to spam just to grab a few tiny
zipfiles.)  It should be possible to contact a few authors, however,
and clarify the licenses.  My understanding is that all we really need
is redistribution rights.

 - J<