FreeSCI

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Apr 30 14:44:28 UTC 2007

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Sure.  I downloaded the source:
>
> http://www.agidev.com/dl_files/nagi/nagi_src_-_2002-11-14.tar.gz
>
> Untarred into a new folder foo.  In foo/src I rtan make -f Makefile.linux
> as indicated by the docs included, and the website.
>
> I get:
>
> gcc -O2  -fwritable-strings -Wall -Winline -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes
> -DRAD_LINUX -DRAD_WARN -c base.c -o base.o
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fwritable-strings"
> make: *** [base.o] Error 1
>
> If I comment out this or other flags, I get other warnings. I am running
> patched FC6 with SDL-devel installed.
>
> I'll RPM this once I can get it built from source.

Luckily 100+ packages experience does marvels and has thought me to first go
look for packages by other distros in cases like this, attached are 3 patches
courtesy of debian.

the 00_debian_custom.diff patch should be applied with -p1 (while standing in
the dir which contains the src dir) the other 2 with -p0. The custom patch
unixifies nagies, iow makes it look for its data files under /usr/share and for
its ini file under /etc.

Once the debian patches have been applied, debian simply builds it by doing:
       cd src; $(MAKE) -f Makefile.linux
       docbook-to-man debian/nagi.sgml > debian/nagi.1

I thought especially the docbook-to-man command would be good to know for you.

I've verified that nagi builds with the 3 patches, but I haven't actually run it :)

Regards,

Hans