FreeSCI

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Apr 30 20:47:39 UTC 2007

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> It builds with these patches, but when I run it from a directory
> containing a known working AGI template game:
>
> [limb at fawkes agigame]$ ~/fedora/nagi/bin/nagi
> New Adventure Game Interpreter (NAGI) v2.07 beta
> Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Nick Sonneveld & Gareth McMullin
> Author: Nick Sonneveld (sonneveld at hotmail.com)
> Linux port by RaDIaT1oN (g_mcm at mweb.co.za)
>
> Based upon the Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI) v2.917 and v3.002.149
> Copyright (C) 1984-1988 Sierra On-Line, Inc.
> Authors: Jeff Stephenson & Chris Iden
>
> Initialising Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL)...done.
> Initialising SDL video subsystem... done.
> font_init(): Unable to find appropriate font for current resolution.
> Segmentation fault

Found it, that is because the 00_xxx debian patch makes it look for font files
under /usr/share/nagi. So the trick is to copy the font files in the bin dir of
the nagi source tarbal to /usr/share/nagi. Also you should install the ini
files in the bin dir under /etc/nagi. For me it works well then, atleast with
the link you send.

In my previous mail I was talking about using sgml2man to generate a manpage,
then I thought the docbook file was part of the nagi sources, but its a debian
add on I've attached it for your convenience.

Regards,

Hans