Games livecd / dvd

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Fri Mar 30 19:57:44 UTC 2007

A couple of things to consider with a games livecd:

Would you want to include game servers?  This might be more appropriate
for a custom games spin, but not a livecd due to the extra configuration
that might be required.

Include 3D games?  Some 3D games have really poor performance unless you
use the binary-only drivers from your graphics card vendor, which
wouldn't be allowed for a Fedora cd/dvd.

Some game content, even the best of the best, can be in excess of 70MB.
  For example, wesnoth (a must-have) is 94MB.  That's 1/8 of a 750MB CD.
  Clearly you wouldn't be able to include many large-content games on a
livecd.  I would only consider creating a livedvd.

--Wart