Games livecd / dvd

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Fri Mar 30 23:03:23 UTC 2007

Works for me.  I'll make a wiki page soon and post back here.  I think
focusing on a DVD is probably wise.

On the 3D game front, I see two choices.

1. Eschew 3D games, so all the games included work as well as possible on
all available hardare, due to binary drivers, the pragmatic approach.

2. Go all-out and include the best of the 3D games.  Then users can use
the LiveDVD as a sort of hardware Shibboleth.  They can take the DVD to
the store, and try out the available hardware, and then buy what works
with OSS drivers.  Speak against binary-only hardware with the pocketbook.

I have a preference.  What do you all think?

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 02:42:46PM -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
>> Personally I think CDs are an outdated technology, to me it is like a
>> discussion about a livefloppy distro.
>>
>> I vote for a livedvd only, screw the damn CDs.
>
> Normally I wouldn't completely agree, but for games?  There's no sense
> even thinking about a live CD.  A DVD should have enough space for
> many, if not all, of the large-ish games.
>
> Steve
> --
> Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
> Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/
> Phone: (618)398-3000               Mobile: (618)567-7320

novus ordo absurdum