Fedora games Live CD?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Oct 9 19:42:37 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Do copy and modify the existing kickstart file in the wiki and we can
>>> work out the details more.
>>>

>> Erm, I'm not completely following you here. I do think we need someone
>> to sink some time into creating a minimal desktop .ks file to which we
>> can then start adding games.
>
> I am suggesting that we can copy and trim the existing games DVD
> kickstart file and reuse that if that is less work.

Hmm, but thats derived from the standard desktop install isn't it? Then we will
have very little room for games.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a very minimal desktop with a stripped
xfce (for example no filemanager, unless thats very small and doesn't bring in
to much deps).

I'm also thinking things like: no browser, maybe a text based one which can be
launched in a terminal from a fake htmlview like command for those apps that
expect htmlview to be there.

>  Maybe use xfce? Then we will be the xfce
>> and games spin all rolled into one :)
>
> It is still very early but I am working on a Xfce spin too.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/XfceLive

Cool!

Couldn't we use that as a start then, without for example the broswer, mail
client, office apps, etc.

AFAIK the unique asset of the games dvd is the games list other then that its
almost an exact copy of the official desktop livecd.

Regards,

Hans