Fedora games Live CD?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 10 07:37:14 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> I could do one specifically for them but is there any interest in
>> having it more widely available? Is a Fedora games Live CD worth the
>> effort?

If you build the CD then I think it make absolutely sense to make it
widely available.

> Well, to get 15000 cd's out there, hell ya! So we need to strip the
> desktop to the bone and then very carefully select games based on size.
>
> I would like to nominate:
> -The floppy editions of

I think if a games CD is intended to have any success, it have to
include more than geeky games, is a must to cover some mainstream
genres, IMO Wesnoth is a must, a real 3D shooter is a must and maybe a
car game. I understand those are large games and the size is important,
but the purpose is to have games people will play (do not address only a
niche of players).