Fedora games Live CD?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Oct 10 07:39:26 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> I could do one specifically for them but is there any interest in
>>> having it more widely available? Is a Fedora games Live CD worth the
>>> effort?
>
> If you build the CD then I think it make absolutely sense to make it
> widely available.
>
>> Well, to get 15000 cd's out there, hell ya! So we need to strip the
>> desktop to the bone and then very carefully select games based on size.
>>
>> I would like to nominate:
>> -The floppy editions of
>
> I think if a games CD is intended to have any success, it have to
> include more than geeky games, is a must to cover some mainstream
> genres, IMO Wesnoth is a must, a real 3D shooter is a must and maybe a
> car game. I understand those are large games and the size is important,
> but the purpose is to have games people will play (do not address only a
> niche of players).

Have you actually tried Beneath a steel sky? It does cover a mainstream genre,
the genre of games like Monkey Island, and the later point and click interface
larry's and space quests and it covers that well, and only for 8 Mb!

Also a lot of the other games I mentioned are not pure geeky. Who doesn't like
pacman or the well known Russian falling blocks game?

Regards,

Hans