Fedora games Live CD?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 10 09:00:42 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Have you actually tried Beneath a steel sky? It does cover a mainstream
> genre, the genre of games like Monkey Island, and the later point and
> click interface larry's and space quests and it covers that well, and
> only for 8 Mb!

Yes, about 10 years ago I was in fact quite a big fan of Indiana Jones
and the Fate of Atlantis (also based on SCUMM) but I moved over. Sure, I
could play it a bit out of nostalgia but that is all. Have you seen the
kids these days playing old-school adventures?

Is the goal of the spin to make happy the nostalgia players or attract
new people to Fedora?

I don't argue against the inclusion of such games, but to ponder then
with something modern and cover a large user base.

> Also a lot of the other games I mentioned are not pure geeky. Who
> doesn't like pacman or the well known Russian falling blocks game?

Well, Tetris is part of the Gnome games package (even if Fedora let it
out due to a questionable trademark policy), so a game like it is
expected in the main desktop spin, the games spin I think should have
higher goals.