Fedora games spin: feedback

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 15 07:32:09 UTC 2007

Ric Moore wrote:

> I vote for warzone2100. I'm addicted to it. I did have some problems
> with the rpm, so I grabbed the tar file and built it. That seemed to
> work, so there must be some minor glitch in the rpm file. sauerbraten is
> also a high quality game to consider. It's a quake like shooter. Ric

Sauerbraten game content has a commercial use restriction that prevents
it from being included in Fedora. It has been explicitly listed in the
"will not package" list though third party repos can and probably will
package this. Maybe we can package a subset and use the autodownloader
to pull in more content optionally.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games

I saw claims in the SMC website that they have cleaned up their content
in recent versions. Game similarity by itself shouldn't prevent a game
from being included. Worth reconsidering IMO.

Rahul