Notes on games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 05:47:41 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> Do we want a special theme for the games spin? We could request the
>> art team to be creative and come up with a distinctive background,
>> look and feel.
>
> I would be against this: a Fedora spin is Fedora, so I think it should
> have the same look and feel. IMO, it cold have at maximum a customized
> version of the default background but still based on the default
> background.

Well the KDE and GNOME spins of Fedora have already different themes. I
don't see why a games spin can't have a separate look and feel too. I am
just of the opinion that spins shouldn't be just a collection of
packages and shouldn't acquire their own "personality" on some small but
highly visible changes.

Rahul