Notes on games spin

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Sep 21 06:39:02 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> A derivative looking so different compared with the main distro as
>> http://ubuntustudio.org/screenshots is something personally I am not
>> interested working on.
>
> Maybe not to such extend but would you be interested in working on a
> games flavor of infinity theme instead? I don't have much of an idea how
> that would look like though. I have seen games related websites looks
> dark and have contrasting colors and you have a taste for that. A basic
> desktop background and maybe a slightly different GDM theme can make
> quite a difference.

My current vision (it may change easily) is something like this: I
believe everyone know the "Tux with Quake rocket launcher" image, is
very common on the web -
http://img.hexus.net/v2/features/linuxgaming/penguincomputing.jpg

I would like to have a general mascot for Fedora (we have quite a few
proposals, but no one emerged) and a derivative of this for Fedora
Games, just in the style of "Tux with Quake rocket launcher" so the
graphics for the games spin could be like the default graphics with that
personalized mascot added in a meaningful way.