Games spin?

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Fri Sep 21 10:54:07 UTC 2007

> On 9/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Christopher Stone wrote:

>> and
>> has
>> RAM
>> is
>> >
>> > So you are saying we should use KDE?
>>
>> Come on Christopher Stone. Just drop this pointless argument. I have
>> already said that I don't consider the choice of desktop environment to
>> be very important in this instace. Your instance of discussing this in
>> length is only serving as a distraction from useful work like testing
>> out the spin. Please do that instead.
>
> I would rather test out a KDE or Xfce spin.  If I can find the time
> this weekend I might try making a kickstart file for an Xfce version
> and test that, and try to get space requirements on the different
> desktop configurations.

Personally, I think XFCE and Gnome would be my preferences, in that order.
 XFCE because it's light (although we'd probably have gnome and kde libs
installed anyway for several games) and Gnome because it's the default for
Fedora and what Joe Sixpack will expect if he's used a vanilla spin.

Nothing against KDE, just seems simpler this way.  In fact, given the
library deps, just using Gnome and not installing XFCE might be lighter
still.  I agree with Rahul, we should be focusing on the games, despite
our personal preferences.  For example, I maintain nexuiz, even though I
SUCK at it. :)

novus ordo absurdum