Games spin?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 06:32:45 UTC 2007

     1. On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 11:53 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Christopher Stone wrote:

> >> I am of that opinion too but it's quite surprising that we would
> >> discussing desktop environments or window managers so much. Users who
> >> download a games spin are unlikely to care much about that as long is
> >> it's usable, attractive and familiar IMO.
> >
> > So you are saying we should use KDE?
>
> Come on Christopher Stone. Just drop this pointless argument. I have
> already said that I don't consider the choice of desktop environment to
> be very important in this instace. Your instance of discussing this in
> length is only serving as a distraction from useful work like testing
> out the spin. Please do that instead.

I agree, I already have both Gnome and KDE installed, so I'd hate to
waste the bandwidth sucking down something already installed. I haven't
seen much of any kind of program that didn't work under both. I'd leave
it as an exercise for the user to decide what he wants to run as his
games desktop. I'm running Croquet (which is practically another OS) on
a KDE desktop and with plenty of CPU and memory, no sweat. My older
Pentium 4 would gag. So, I'd cure it with xfce. My choice, and I'd make
it for me and my needs. That's the Linux way. Keep the spin simply
games. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar