games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 13:42:42 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you manage to find time to try out $subject? I wanted to push this
>> in time for test 3.
>>

> I've finally mangaed to find the time (and diskspace, empty dvd, etc) to
> give the kickstart file in the wiki a try. I had to add a "part / --size
> 7000" line to make the root partition big enough and fix a typo in a
> game name, other then that it works fine. And its "only" 3.2 Gb, so
> we've still got room for more games!
>
> So do we want to add some kde games, I personally like taxipilot and
> ksirk, as small simple games, but they will add 56 Mb worth of kdelibs.

Sure. We can adjust some packages. I personally think first person
shooters tend to attract a lot more attention. If we can do you did with
Quake 3 with other games which have open engines but restricted content,
we should be to accommodate a bit more games that otherwise can't be
included.

Btw, I wrote to American Army folks a few days back about the
possibility of opening up code. A shot in the dark though let's see.

> Anyways, I say send the .ks file as its now on the wiki to rel-eng for
> test3 inclusion!

Thanks for testing this. CC'ing Release Engineering. Kickstart file
available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive. I have
noted that Jeremy wanted us to inherit the desktop configuration which I
will look into shortly.

Rahul