Looking for someone to pull / manage Games Spin for F-10

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Aug 3 07:29:27 UTC 2008

Wart wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Wart wrote:
>>> I started working on getting the Games spin working for Rawhide, but
>>> kept running into out of space errors.  I think the contents of the spin
>>> may be a bit too large at the moment.  The -desktop spin built ok.
>>>
>>> FWIW, livecd-creator failed to even parse the .ks files on RHEL5.2.
>>> I'll file a bz ticket on that one.
>>>
>> I hope you are able to test the .ks on F9's / rawhide's livecd-tools as
>> well, because I don't think the good old livecd-tools that is in EPEL-5
>> takes the "part / xxxx" kickstart configuration directive into account
>> when creating the filesystem to install the packages to, and only F9's /
>> rawhide's livecd-tools have the necessary patches to make the "part /
>> xxxx" configuration directive overrideable.
>
> I was finally able to use livecd-tools to build the image on F-9[1], but
> only after commenting out the "traditional (big)" games to get around
> the out of space issues.  We need to make a pass through the list of
> games in the .ks file and prune out a few to get the size down to a more
> manageable level:  https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/

Hi Wart,

Good to see someone is looking after the Spin !!

The first thing todo about the size issues is to increase the size of the root
partition, so make the number at the end of this line larger:
part / --size 8000

Say for example 12000, then the dvd image should atleast build and depending on
how good the compression works might still fit on a 4.3 Gb single layer dvd
(which I doubt) once we have a too large iso we atleast have a ballpark idea of
how much we need to shave of. For starters drop vegastrike as that is
absolutely *huge*.

Regards,

Hans