Crrcsim's data files' location

Joonas Sarajärvi muepsj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:46:30 UTC 2008

2008/7/26 Joonas Sarajärvi <muepsj at gmail.com>:
> 2008/7/17 Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com>:
>> On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 18:32 +0300, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
>>> I tried to check if there was already Crrcsim available for Fedora in
>>> Rawhide, but I wasn't aware of this existing effort to package
>>> Crrcsim. Do you want to keep working it into official repositories, or
>>> prefer me to continue with my package?
>>
>> No, I have enough packages as is. This one never made it into Fedora,
>> feel free to take it for your own. :)
>
> Thank you for your support! I now have it mostly working with a
> wrapper script, but I can try to look into patching the code, too.
>
> I asked upstream about the possibility to better select installation
> directory, and the behaviour is going to get fixed in the next release
> of Crrcsim.

Just to note that I'm still working on this... there are a couple of
issues at the moment.

1) There is a severe crash when one tries to set up controls. Haven't
been able to debug it much, because the whole X locks up if I try to
run the simulator in GDB.

2) The project is currently very busy moving from Sourceforge to
Berlios, so I'll let them handle the move first before trying to get
the few developers' attention to the bug.

I think I could already put the package in review, though. However, I
think I want to get the crash problem solved before pushing Crrcsim to
stable updates.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj at gmail.com