Looking for someone to pull / manage Games Spin for F-10

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Mon Aug 11 20:21:40 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> Since the F10 Beta Feature Freeze is coming up, this is the time to sign
> off on the Games Spin or leave it hanging for F11.
>
> There's a few concerns about this spin right now:
>
> * Test plan is woefully lacking information, as well as a cut/paste job
> from another feature.  Links to QA tests would be good since you seem to
> indicate that there are some known.
>
> * Contingency plan should list all the places documentation about this
> spin should be removed in case we don't do it, so that we don't
> advertise a non-available spin.
>
> Right now though, due to the Big Evil Beta Feature Freeze, is the time
> to fix things and get things into shape as we're approaching general
> release ;-)

I've continued to be busy trying to get a working spin, and only
recently got one working after rebasing to the fedora-livecd-desktop.ks.
  Earlier attempts to base off of fedora-livecd-xfce.ks failed as users
were immediately logged out after logging in.

The -desktop spin is larger than the -xfce spin, however, so a few
things had to be removed to make room:

*-music
vegastrike
freedroidrpg
uqm
openarena

You can find the results of my latest x86_64 livedvd attempts at:

http://newman.ultralight.org/livecd/x86_64/livecd-fedora-livedvd-games-desktop-200808111152.iso
http://newman.ultralight.org/livecd/x86_64/livecd-fedora-livedvd-games-xfce-200808111001.iso

32-bit iso images are forthcoming.

I'll start hacking on the feature page now...

--Wart