Music for games

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 19 12:50:00 UTC 2008

Chris Norman wrote:

> It was this thread that gave me the idea to be honest.
>
> I have a fair bit of free time on my hands to be honest, so just give me
> a shout if anyone wants music doing for anything, and obviously it's not
> going to be under any copyright or anything, all I ask is that my name
> be mentioned somewhere in the credits.

I am not a licensing guru or something, but I believe Creative Commons
Attribution (alo Share Alike if you want) are fine choices:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses_3

Also you mentioned earlier mp3, which is NOT an acceptable format, the
content should be available in a Free format (wav, ogg theora, flac -
that is, for games that not use synthethised music).

 > I can do sound effects as well, and any other audio, voice clips with
 > different people, whatever.

Just a thought (unrelated to the Games list): how about a sound theme
for the Fedora desktop, to go along with the graphic theme in
personalizing the Fedora experience?