Openarena and ioquake3 problem

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Jan 17 10:00:07 UTC 2008

Michał Bentkowski wrote:
> Hi!
> Thank you Hans, you did a really, really good job! All people here
> should appreciate it!
> I have one suggestion though. You've made a patch not to be asked by
> openarena for cdkey. It could be combined with another patch. When
> trying to connect to any server, in terminal could be read:
>
> Resolving authorize.quake3arena.com
> authorize.quake3arena.com resolved to 192.246.40.56:27952
>
> It's no use, because it even doesn't try to authorize the game then
> (which is a correct behaviour). In extreme example this useless
> resolving could slow down connecting to server.
> I wouldn't label this fix as must-do though.
> Anyway, thanks for fixes you've made once again!

Erm, I'm not sure where you got the idea it doesn't even try to authorize, it
does seem to connect and send a request judging from the code. I don't know
whats done with the result, I guess the result gets ignored later on. But as I
don't fully understand whats happening I would rather leave it as is.

Regards,

Hans