Patent concerns

Nicolas Barriga nbarriga at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jan 18 15:44:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008 23:38:30 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 20:11 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > I was thinking this would be an excuse to do something in python... I
> > suppose if I ever actually do this, I'll have to remember to duck this
> > patent somehow... :P
>
> There are quite a few related patents, so I would be especially
> cautious.

If the patents are so ridiculous as the ones that have being discussed here,
you could just host the project outside the US. Patents are valid only in the
country where the patents were issued.

If more people start using this approach, then the U.S. patent office
will(hopefully) realize that there is something wrong with the way they have
been operating until now.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Barriga 			User #318341 counter.li.org
ALMA AIV Software Engineer	Phone:1-505-835-7480