F-10: switch from OpenAL to OpenAL-soft

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Mon May 5 22:27:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:56:01 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hans de Goede wrote:
>
> > Also interesting in this light, is this posting to the Debian games
> > list, which lists all programs which use OpenAl in Debian, and how they
> > work with the new OpenAL (seems 90% works with just a rebuild):
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2008/05/msg00020.html
> >
> > So what do you think about switching to OpenAL-soft for F-10 ?
>
> Seems a no brainer. Do you want to take this upto distributions list in
> fd.o?
>
> Rahul

Hi there,

I have been following OpenAL soft development for a while. I have had no chance
to give it a try but it would be a nice thing to give it a go now for f10 and
see how things work out. How should we go about this? I have started up a
package some time ago which I could bring up for review if wanted.

Best Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Bierfert, M.Sc.        | http://awbsworld.de      | GPG: C58CF1CB