Rawhide Game Packaging

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Tue Dec 1 13:16:06 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 15:43:44 -0700,
>   Kory Hansen <tuxfanfgd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a list of some games you can compile for Rawhide. This list will be
>> added to over time.
>>
>> Battle for Wesnoth
>> From: wesnoth-1.6.5-1.fc12.i686.rpm
>> To:wesnoth-1.7.9-1.8beta2.fc13.i686.rpm
>> Download:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth/files/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.7.9.tar.bz2/download
>>

> I let John know that the Wesnoth project was getting close to a release a
> while ago. (It was also apparent at that time that they wouldn't be ready
> before F12 was out.) At this point I don't there should be a rush to get the
> new version into rawhide. (Unless we were to start allowing for parallel
> installs.)

I concur with Bruno, which is why the beta is not in rawhide yet.  I may
start playing with packaging the new version, just to catch any quirks,
etc, but I don't think I'll be putting it in rawhide until it's released
as stable, unless there's a pretty stable release candidate and it looks
like it'll go stable right after a Fedora release, like we did with
Firefox 3.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace