SIGs/Games/Packaging

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 21:09:18 UTC 2009

I just wanted to drop a note here to clarify today's FPC decision.

Rahul Sundaram asked the Fedora Packaging Committee to merge
SIGs/Games/Packaging into the Packaging namespace, but we declined to do
so for several reasons:

1. The page clearly describes the items as strong recommendations, not
requirements (thus, they really wouldn't be candidates for the Packaging
Guidelines).
2. Several of the items (the license requirement, the group
requirement), if they were Guidelines, they would conflict with the
existing guidelines. Since they are currently just "strong
recommendations", there is no issue to leave them as is.
3. It was not clear that the Games SIG wanted this to occur.

If at some point in the future, the Games SIG wants to move these items
into the Packaging Guidelines as MUST items, please feel free to raise
the issue to the FPC at that time.

Thanks,

~spot