Is vegastrike working for anyone in F15 or rawhide?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jul 12 18:50:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:50:38 +0200,
  Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your efforts, the upgrade makes me really happy but i still
> have runtime problems with vegastrike with updated mygui cegui ogre
> and vegastrike (all from koji, f15):

I didn't see any signs in the forums that a beta2 is imminent. So on my
end, I think I'll try to do a local svn version and see if that helps.
Given that it works on at least some systems, I'd rather look at raidem
next, since that seems broken everywhere. So it might be a while before
I get to this. With the other libraries in place, it might be easier
for others to play with this now. If so, I'd like to hear what you find.

I'd also be interested if it is working with the RPMFusion video drivers.

I'd be inclined to suspect some OpenGL support issue in mesa is related
to the current problem. I think the rv280 uses a different mesa driver
than the r300-r500 based cards. I'll retest mv nv28 in rawhide to see
if that is showing the same problem as the rv530 was getting in F15.
(I'd like to try to find out if rawhide and F15 account for the difference
or if it is video driver related.)