[Fedora-haskell-list] Haskell packaging for multiple Fedora releases?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 03:28:42 UTC 2008

Rajesh Krishnan wrote:
> If I want to submit a number of packages that would build exactly the same way
> (that is, identical SRPMs)  on Fedora8, Fedora9 and RawHide then do I need to
> submit 3 different Review Requests on bugzilla.redhat.com?

No just one review per package: the review would initially be for
rawhide (devel) and then once accepted branches can be request for F-8
and F-9.

> And what if the source RPMs that I have created are different for Fedora 8,
> Fedora 9 and Rawhide?  Then would that call for creating 3 different Review
> Requests on Bugzilla?

Not really - the package would be backported as necessary - ideally with
minimal modifications to the current and older release.

Any particular package in mind?

For Haskell I guess the main difference might be the version ghc typically.

Jens