[Fedora-haskell-list] Re: Planning for the Haskell Platform ... and documentation

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Sun Oct 12 21:37:57 UTC 2008

There's another wrinkle to this: Haddock docs.

Right now, there's one standard, frozen set of HTML Haddocks in
/usr/share/doc/ghc. We have the ability to generate a new index every
time we install or remove a package, so that the index reflects
whatever is installed. Thus installing gtk2hs would add a pile of
entries to the toplevel index.

This seems *really* appealing to me, and we could add it to the %post
and %preun sections of a package's spec file by editing the top-level
macros file that Jens recently added.

One necessary change would be to install all haddock docs under
/usr/share/doc/ghc, so that we could find all '*.haddock' files when
reindexing, using the find command.

FWIW, this is the approach currently taken by Debian for docs.