[Fedora-haskell-list] Warning: Unknown extensions: DoRec

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:42:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am hitting bug #3968, "DoRec not supported, but RecursiveDo
deprecated" [1] on Fedora 13.

  $ ghc --version
  The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.1

This has been fixed in cabal upstream [2]. In upstream, this extension
is provided by the cabal package. In Fedora, the Language extensions
are included by hugs98.

  $ yum whatprovides "*/Extension.hs"
  hugs98-2006.09-8.fc12.i686 : Haskell Interpreter
  Repo        : fedora
  Matched from:
  Filename    : /usr/lib/hugs/packages/Cabal/Distribution/Extension.hs
  Filename    : /usr/lib/hugs/packages/Cabal/Language/Haskell/Extension.hs

  hugs98-2006.09-8.fc12.i686 : Haskell Interpreter
  Repo        : installed
  Matched from:
  Filename    : /usr/lib/hugs/packages/Cabal/Distribution/Extension.hs
  Filename    : /usr/lib/hugs/packages/Cabal/Language/Haskell/Extension.hs

Shouldn't cabal have its own package spec? Do I have to wait for an
updated hugs98 to proceed further, even though I am using ghc?

Appreciate any inputs,

Thanks!

SK

[1] DoRec not supported, but RecursiveDo deprecated.

[2] http://darcs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cabal;a=commit;h=20100416205627-3fd76-e19c7dfa979c0bcfbe21675fcc258dcce99dc602.gz

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com