[Fedora-haskell-list] [headsup] -doc subpackages no more

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 17:36:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

After Spot announced the License file subpackaging amendment,
I decided finally to bite the bullet and get rid of all our
-doc subpackages from future builds.

I just built ghc without ghc-doc and pushed ghc-rpm-macros-0.8.0
which obsoletes doc subpackages now.  However note before
updating or rebuilding any library you should add a '-o' obsoletes
option to %ghc_lib_pkg or %ghc_binlib_pkg: I am planning to
do that (first in cvs) but don't have time right now...  Apart
from that you should not notice any difference: please report
any issues in bugzilla against ghc-rpm-macros.

In other news, haskell-platform-2010.2 RC is out for testing.
And planning to do updates for that shortly too: hopefully
after (not during;) AusHac2010. :)

Jens