[Fedora-haskell-list] headsup: ghc 7 lands in rawhide

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 02:39:09 UTC 2010

----- "John Reiser" <jreiser at bitwagon.com> wrote:
> How can this testing take place when a very long list of dependencies
> has not yet appeared in rawhide?

Well I meant after the rebuilds were completed, but
the majority of the packages had already been rebuilt
at the time of writing.  Which one was interrupting
you testing? :)

> A sample (6 of *hundreds*):

Mathstuf, Lakshmi, and I have now rebuilt
nearly all (15) of the remaining packages.

The only remaining pending rebuilds I am aware
of now are xmobar and hedgewars (which Bruno is working on).

> I don't understand the reasoning for top-down
> dribbling, particularly when the same subset of packagers is
> responsible for the entire suite.

Not sure what you are talking about.
Obviously it is impossible to rebuild top-down.

Anyway sorry for the rawhide report noise,
hope it didn't spoil your weekend too much. :)

Jens