[Fedora-haskell-list] dropping ghc_lib_package and ghc_binlib_package?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 02:02:49 UTC 2011

So this will allow us to add extra files to base or devel package if necesssary, is that right?

Yep, that's right - back to "normal" packaging. :)
So for example you can just add docdir files with %doc as normal, etc.

Currently there is actually a problem with our binlib packages' doc files:
we're duplicating docdir content across the base package and base lib package
which is a bit naughty and actually not allowed under the packaging guidelines I believe.
This change should also allow us to fix that more easily.
It is partly Cabal's "fault" for not linking binlib binaries with own library:
ie xmonad is not linked against ghc-xmonad unfortunately. The common
but tedious practice is to have a -common subpackage to host the shared doc files -
we should probably go that way until can't persuade Cabal to change...

Jens