[Fedora-haskell-list] merging prof into devel, and coming packaging changes

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed May 18 01:45:47 UTC 2011

Just a quick update:

> For Fedora 16, I am thinking to merge all the -prof subpackages
> into the -devel subpackages to simplify the packaging and reduce
> the number of packages that need to be installed to build for fedora.
> This will probably be done together with an update to ghc-7.0.3.

ghc-rpm-macros and ghc have now been updated in rawhide
to merge -prof into -devel.  The ghc subpackages list looks
more manageable now.  So all subsequent builds for f16
won't have ghc*-prof subpackages.

> New ghc-rpm-macros from F14 will also be backported to epel6
> as will the subpackaged ghc. So that this will also work there.

Facing a slight obstacle for EPEL6: when I rebuilt ghc to add
a meta ghc-devel package a while ago all the library ABI hashes changed. :-(
Once ghc-7.2 is released it may be time to update el6 to ghc-7.0.3 anyway.

Jens