[Fedora-haskell-list] Introduction

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 08:48:17 UTC 2011

Hi Giovanni,

> I've recently started learning Haskell and, as a sysadmin, I have some experience with RPM packaging so I would like to lend a hand to the Haskell SIG.

Great - I recommend first to read through our wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Haskell_SIG
if you haven't already.

If you use irc, we also have a small irc channel.

> What needs the most attention? How could I get started?

Mostly help with packaging and package reviews.
Right now we are try to get some web frameworks
packaged up for fedora: particularly snap and yesod.
Narasim is also working on get Yi (an editor) into fedora.
They all have a lot of dependencies...

Once you are more familiar with fedora haskell
there may also be some package infrastructure-type things
that you could also help with.

HTH, Jens