[Fedora-haskell-list] Broken dependencies with Fedora 15 + updates-testing - 2011-09-13

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 10:22:03 UTC 2011

> > ghc-blaze-html
> > ghc-citeproc-hs
> > ghc-hamlet
> > ghc-json
> > ghc-ltk
> > ghc-MonadCatchIO-mtl
> > ghc-pandoc-types
> > ghc-texmath

Doh, ok I finally get that this is a multilib issue!

Basically ghc is not multilib in Fedora but because of
the way we compose trees the presence of ghc-*-devel packages
induces both archs to be installed on x86_64.
However the ghc-*-prof packages (which are now being merged into
and obsoleted by newer ghc-*-devel) are not multilib,
and hence this new problem.

We should really just get rid of ghc-*.i686 from x86_64 trees, IMO,
or failing that force repoclosure by including both archs of ghc-*-prof too.
(Note that F16 no longer has any ghc-*-prof packages.)

Jens