[Fedora-haskell-list] plans for F17 branching and ghc-7.4.1

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 11:16:37 UTC 2012

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for responding.

> > After F17 branches then I'd like to build ghc-7.4.1 which was just
> > released "yesterday" for Rawhide (once I work out how to build it
> > with system libffi...;)
>
> I just pushed 7.4.1 to Debian sid, this is the patch we are using,
> maybe it helps:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/ghc/patches/system-libffi

I think it is the same patch you also used for the RC's?
Unfortunately it seems to be insufficient for Fedora,
since Fedora's libffi header files live in their own subdir of /usr/include,
and I didn't manage to get my old Cabal pkg-config type hack to work
yet for 7.4 (I had a working patch for 7.2).

Anyway I will keep poking at it as time allows - but
if anyone is able and willing to help what would be quite welcome. :)
I may also ask upstream if they can help with any pointers.

Jens