-prof is dead long live profiling!

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 02:28:49 UTC 2012

Hi Haskell SIG,

Now that F15 is EOL (since last month) we can finally deprecate
all prof BuildRequires...  So I just did a "mass commit" to all
packages replacing "BuildRequires: ghc-*-prof" with "BR: ghc-*-devel".

There is no need to rebuild any of the packages right now
since the change is just cosmetic and also there will be
a Mass Rebuild of F18 by Fedora Releng this week anyway.
But if you notice any problems let me know.

It is also a good time now to finish F18 version bumps
before F18 branches and the F18 Alpha release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule

Thanks, Jens